Routine Dental Exams in Monroe, NC
A visit to Union County Center for Comprehensive Dentistry in Monroe, NC is bound to be unlike any other visit to the dentist. Dr. Leonard Hess stresses the importance of a comprehensive evaluation to screen for dental problems like tooth decay, periodontal (gum) disease, and occlusal disease. Identifying problems in the earliest stages allows the dentist to recommend the most conservative treatment options. We want to save you from potentially uncomfortable and expensive procedures. We can also offer you more accurate treatment options by providing these extra screenings as part of your routine dental exam.
Our goal is to provide the most effective and appropriate treatments that will solve your unique dental issues, and get you back to your life with a healthy smile.
A routine visit to the Union County Center for Comprehensive Dentistry will include:
- Thorough teeth cleaning performed by a dental hygienist
- Digital dental x-rays
- Oral cancer screening
- Periodontal screening (for gum disease)
- Occlusal analysis to check jaw joints and bite alignment
- One-on-one consultation with dentist to discuss concerns, goals and treatment options
Dental Health Tips
The American Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), and Dr. Hess offer these dental health tips to keep your smile healthy and bright:
- Floss daily – this is the single most important factor to preventing gum disease. Flossing dislodges debris from the crevasses of your teeth. Debris that is not removed harbors bacteria and plaque that eats away at tooth enamel.
- Brush two times a day – spend two to three minutes brushing with a soft-bristled toothbrush and a fluoride toothpaste. If your gums bleed during toothbrushing, try brushing more gently with a new soft-bristled toothbrush. If this does not help, talk to your dentist about bleeding gums.
- Change your tooth brush every 3 to 4 months. A fresh brush helps keep your mouth free from harmful bacteria.
- Avoid sugary drinks – but if you do enjoy them, use a straw to minimize the risk of developing cavities.
- Limit or eliminate carbonated beverages. Moderation is key to a healthy overall body.
- Chew sugarless gum that contains xylitol. This element helps clean the mouth and increase saliva production. Although, sugarless gum DOES NOT replace toothbrushing.
- Visit the dentist at least once every six months. This, along with brushing and flossing at least twice a day, will almost guarantee that you won’t develop oral health issues.
Teeth Cleaning Cost and Dental Insurance
To make your family dentist visit as easy and stress free as possible, we provide a number of financial services. Many of our patients have dental insurance. As a courtesy, we will submit your dental insurance paperwork for you with the reimbursement to be sent directly to you from the insurance company.
If you do not have dental insurance or if dental insurance will not cover your treatment, you may qualify for interest free financing.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are looking for a highly qualified, family dentist in Charlotte, NC or Monroe, NC, contact the Union County Center for Comprehensive Dentistry. Call us at 704-240-5045 or schedule an appointment online.