A visit to Monroe, NC dentist Dr. Hess is bound to be unlike any other visit to the dentist. Dr. Hess stresses the importance of a comprehensive evaluation to screen for dental problems like tooth decay, periodontal (gum) disease, or occlusal disease. Identifying problems in the earliest stages allows the dentist to recommend the most conservative treatment options, saving you from potentially uncomfortable and expensive procedures.
A routine visit to the Union County Center for Comprehensive Dentistry will include:
- Thorough teeth cleaning performed by a dental hygienist
- Digital dental x-rays
- Oral cancer screening
- Periodontal screening (for gum disease)
- Occlusal analysis to check jaw joints and bite alignment
- One-on-one consultation with dentist to discuss concerns, goals and treatment options
Dental Health Tips
The American Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) has compiled easy-to-keep dental health tips to keep your smile healthy and bright:
- Floss daily – this is the single most important factor to preventing gum disease
- Brush two times a day – spend two to three minutes brushing with a soft bristled tooth brush and a fluoride toothpaste
- Change your tooth brush every 3 to 4 months
- Avoid sugary drinks – but if you do enjoy them, use a straw to minimize the risk of developing cavities
- Limit or eliminate carbonated beverages
- Chew sugarless gum that contains xylitol to cleans the mouth and increase saliva production
- Visit the dentist at least every six months
Teeth Cleaning Cost and Dental Insurance
To make your family dentist visit as easy and stress free as possible, we provide a number of financial services. Many of our patients have dental insurance. As a courtesy, we will submit your dental insurance paperwork for you with the reimbursement to be sent directly to you from the insurance company. If you do not have dental insurance or if dental insurance will not cover your treatment, you may qualify for interest free financing.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are looking for a highly qualified, family dentist in Charlotte, NC or Monroe, NC, contact the Union County Center for Comprehensive Dentistry. Call us at 704.240.5045 or schedule an appointment online.